This is a very simple and fast baked apples recipe that will impress the book club or whomever you have over
It really tastes delicious, is low in calories, and is the perfect ending to any meal. It’s one of my favorite desserts.
Yield: 4 Servings
Baked Apples Ingredients
- 4 Rome or Cortland apples
- ¼ cup raisins, dried cran-berries, or dried cherries
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350°F
Core the apples and place upright in a medium-size baking dish. Combine the raisins and walnuts and fill each cavity with the mixture.
Pour 2 tablespoons of the orange juice into each of the openings. Place in the oven and bake for 45 minutes, or until the apples are easily pierced with the tip of a knife. Cool and serve.
Baked Apples Variations:
- Refrigerate and serve cold.
- Sprinkle baked apples with cinnamon before serving.
- Garnish with a dollop of non-fat whipped cream.
Per serving: 185 Cal; 45 GI; 2 g Prot: 36 g Carb.; 0.5 g SFA; 1 g MUFA; 3 g PUFA; 1 g Ome-ga-3; 27 mg Calc.; 4 mg Sod.; 353 mg Pot.; 1 mg Iron; 0 mg Phytoestrogens; 5 g Fiber