This delicious recipe is a wonderful summer time option as an appetizer or a light entrée.
This spinach and whole wheat pasta salad, tossed with sun-dried tomatoes and garbanzo beans (also known as chickpeas), is satisfying enough as a light main course, or perfect to serve alongside grilled entrées.
- 1/2 pound whole wheat orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1/4 pound baby spinach (about 4 packed cups)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 24 pieces sun-dried tomatoes in extra-virgin olive oil, chopped, plus one tablespoon oil from the jar
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a large pot of boiling salt- ed water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- In a large bowl, toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
Recipe From Whole Foods
Per Serving: 390 calories (50 from fat), 6 g total fat, 0.5 g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 430 mg sodium, 71 g carbohydrate (12 g dietary fiber, 10 g sugar), 15 g protein